Configuring Custom Storage for an AWS S3 Bucket
The following instructions will assist the application administrator in configuring a Hybrid Spaces Talkdesk’s custom storage solution for Amazon Web Service (AWS).
For additional help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Existing recordings will not be copied to the new custom storage bucket but will remain accessible in the Talkdesk bucket. All workflows and logic tied to your recordings (access permissions, deletion policy) still applies for custom storage and will remain the same as stated in your Talkdesk account retention policy.
Part 1: Set up your S3 bucket
1. Navigate and log in to console.aws.amazon.com
2. Click on Services  and search for or select S3  under Storage:
3. Click Create Bucket .
4. Name the bucket (no spaces) and select the appropriate region .
5. Click Create :
Note: For additional security, you can further protect your data by enabling default encryption on a bucket so that all objects are encrypted when they are stored in the bucket. Learn how to Enable Default Encryption for an S3 Bucket in AWS.
You can also integrate it with CloudTrail, a service that captures specific API calls made to Amazon S3 from your AWS account and delivers the log files to an Amazon S3 bucket that you specify. Learn how to Create a Trail in AWS.
Part 2: Set up a custom policy
1. Click your login name on the top right of the screen and select My Security Credentials :
- Click Policies .
- Click Create policy :
4. Select the JSON tab  and copy and paste the following, replacing the BUCKETNAME with the name of your custom bucket :
- Click the Review policy button .
- Review the policy using the following :
- “Policy Name” = Talkdesk-storage-policy.
- “Description” = Policy used by Talkdesk to save recording files to the bucket.
- Click the Create policy button .
Part 3: Begin configuration within Talkdesk
- In a new tab or window, navigate and log in to the Talkdesk (youraccountname.mytalkdesk.com).
- Select the Admin section .
- Click the Preferences tab .
- Scroll down until you see the setting "Data Storage Provider".
- Click Change provider :
A warning will be displayed to let you know pre-existing recordings from Talkdesk will become unavailable once you change to a custom storage. Hit Continue :
6. Select Amazon AWS in "Storage Provider" .
7. Select the applicable Region .
8. Enter the applicable bucket name in Bucket :
9. Copy the 12-digit number found under “Amazon Account Resource Name”  and leave this page open for now.
Part 4: Set up a role in AWS
- Navigate back to AWS.
- Click Roles .
- Click Create role :
4. Select the option Another AWS account .
5. Paste the 12-digit numerical string copied from the configuration dialog box in step  into the field "Account ID" :
6. Tick the option “Require external ID” . A new “External Account ID” field will be displayed.
7. Go back to the Talkdesk configuration box, copy the Account Id (as shown below) and paste it into the “External Account Id” field :
8. Click Next Permissions .
9. Search for and select the Talkdesk-storage-policy  and hit Next: Review :
10. Type in the “Role name” = Talkdesk-storage-role .
11. Click Create role :
12. Copy the new “Role ARN” that is displayed :
Part 5: Complete configuration within Talkdesk
- Navigate back to the configuration dialog box within Talkdesk.
- Paste the "Role ARN" into the field “Amazon Account Resource Name” .
- Click Test connection :
4. Click OK on the successful installation prompt.
Note: Once you press Save and effectively change your storage provider to AWS, it is no longer possible to edit the provider, bucket, or any of the associated settings. If you need to revert this or change something, please contact email@example.com.
5. Once ready, click Save.
You’re all set! The configuration is complete and effective immediately. All new recordings will be directed to your AWS S3 bucket. No additional steps or maintenance required.