Talkdesk Callbar is an application that allows agents to make and receive calls via Talkdesk from any application they are working in. It works just like our existing Call Bar in the main Talkdesk web application, giving your agents the power to communicate with customers in real time, but offering a new way to use Talkdesk.
Some benefits of the Callbar include:
- Always accessible: agents can make and receive calls from anywhere on their desktop - no more having to comb through open tabs or leaving the website or application that they are working in for their softphone.
- Talkdesk Callbar ensures you always have the context you need when connecting to customers in real-time. Get a 360 degree view of the incoming caller to reduce agent’s time to resolution and tailor customer’s experience.
- Always docked to allow anyone in the organization to receive calls at any time, even when Chrome is closed.
- Lightweight and easy to use. Talkdesk's Callbar can be used by anyone in your organization.
- Callbar is also fully integrated with Salesforce, Zendesk and Desk.com and supports click-to-call, screen pops, call logging and more.
Installing the Callbar:
2. If you are going to be logged in to the Talkdesk main web application and the Callbar at the same time, make sure you configure widget mode. This will ensure that calls only go through the Callbar and don't ring in both places simultaneously:
Note: Every agent using the Callbar and Talkdesk main web application will also need to click this option.
Widget mode disables calls inside the main Talkdesk web application, ensuring that calls only get directed through the Callbar and don't ring simultaneously in the Talkdesk application.
3. Once set to widget mode, launch the Talkdesk Callbar application:
4. Follow the instructions here to login:
5. When logging in to the Callbar for the first time, you may be prompted to install Talkdesk's Click-to-Call extension: please do so! If you do not see this prompt, install it manually by accessing this link.
Once installed, the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension intelligently starts scanning the websites and systems you access, adding a link to each phone number found. Agents can then launch the Callbar and initiate a call through a simple click on a number.
Learn more about the Callbar here.