Talkdesk for Salesforce offers a streamlined deployment process that allows you to integrate Talkdesk and Salesforce, add Talkdesk licenses and assign permission sets in just a few quick steps.
Our professional services team will be happy to assist you through the migration process. We will offer the following services through this phase:
- Go through a sandbox installation and testing process so that the deployment to production is smoother.
- Help your agents and supervisors with training and office hours so you get a full understanding of the feature set.
- Consult your team to improve agent and admin level workflows to hit necessary KPI’s of your business.
If you are interested in these services, please fill out the following form and you will be contacted by a Solutions Consultant.
Before beginning the installation process, please take a moment to confirm the following:
- Your Salesforce license is Enterprise or Unlimited. Professional licenses with API access will not work.
- You have the correct number of Salesforce licenses (contact firstname.lastname@example.org). You will not be able to provision users when migrating until this is taken care of.
- Please note that your agents won’t be able to make or receive phone calls while Talkdesk for Salesforce is being installed. We recommend doing this after hours or during periods of lower call volume.
- If you have been using our Callbar, please uninstall it first to avoid it conflicting with the Callbar installation included in our Talkdesk for Salesforce package. To do this, simply type chrome://extensions in your browser address bar and press Enter. Scroll down to the Talkdesk Callbar and click the recycle bin icon next to it to remove it from Chrome.
Step 1: Download Talkdesk for Salesforce
Locate the Talkdesk for Salesforce package on the Salesforce AppExchange and install it by clicking “Get It Now” :
Step 2: Choose the environment type for installing Talkdesk for Salesforce
Select which Salesforce profiles you would like to install Talkdesk for Salesforce for and hit “Install”.
We recommend you only install for System Administrators, as you will be able to grant specific users access to Talkdesk for Salesforce at a later step in the configuration process:
In the popup window, check the box to approve third-party access for all Talkdesk websites . This step ensures that Talkdesk has the necessary permissions to perform remote operations:
It will take a few minutes to complete this step. The more AppExchange products you have on your environment, the longer it will take. Once complete, you will receive an email from Salesforce stating that it has been successful. If it fails, please contact your Salesforce Administrator or email@example.com. After the install has completed, navigate to the App Launcher section of Salesforce. Click on the Talkdesk icon and select “Talkdesk Admin” from the list :
You will then be directed to the start page where you can log in to your Talkdesk account :
Please Note: You must have Talkdesk credentials to initiate the Talkdesk for Salesforce setup wizard. If you do not have credentials yet, simply click the “Request a Live Demo” button on the start page to get started with a free trial.
Step 3: Designate Integration Settings
On the following page, you can specify the type of objects that you want Talkdesk to sync. Depending on your use case, you can select Contacts, Leads or both.
You will also be able to select whether or not you would like Talkdesk calls to be logged in Salesforce. Checking the box will automatically log all calls to the Talkdesk Activity object rather than the Standard Activity call object. We recommend you keep this box checked so you can correlate call data with your other Salesforce data using Talkdesk for Salesforce’s reporting tools. If you would like to continue logging calls to your Standard Activity call object, you can enable Talkdesk automations to do so in the next step :
Tip #1: Clicking on the gear icon under “Logging” will reveal options for generating sample call data. This sample data will be randomly created and logged to your existing Salesforce records. We’ve included this option for our customers who may want to test out Talkdesk for Salesforce’s call reporting templates. You can remove this sample data without altering your real data at any time by returning to this page.
Step 4: Review Automations
The next step of the configuration process is to review the list of automations currently configured for your call center .
By default, Talkdesk includes 10 predefined automations with the installation package, but you may see more, if your call center administrator has already set up additional automations:
In this page, you can enable or disable all available automations. We recommend enabling the automations “When an inbound/outbound disposition is set, log call.”
Although the Talkdesk Activity object will log all calls (including missed, abandoned, etc. calls), enabling these automations allow you to leverage the standard Salesforce Activity and Call Logging functionality. This ensures that agents can see interaction history on calls when looking at a contact/lead/case in Salesforce.
Step 5: Add Talkdesk Users
Adding users to Talkdesk for Salesforce is as simple as checking a box. You will be presented with a list of all inactive Talkdesk for Salesforce users from which you can select. Simply check the boxes next to the users you want to add to your call center and then hit the “Add User” button :
A message will pop-up asking you to assign your agents a role and a CTI: select which type of role is to be assigned to those users and whether you wish them to use the new Talkdesk Callbar or the Talkdesk Classic CTI. Press the 'Add User' button and then 'Next' to proceed.
Doing so will automatically:
- Assign Salesforce Permission Sets to control access to Talkdesk components (admin settings, reporting, etc.)
- Assign the selected Talkdesk for Salesforce CTI
- Allocate the appropriate Talkdesk license
- Assign the selected role in Talkdesk
Roles in Talkdesk work the same way as Permission Sets in Salesforce. The following Talkdesk roles are available by default in Talkdesk for Salesforce:
- Agent/Custom Role - Maps to Talkdesk User Permission Set in Salesforce
- Supervisors - Maps to Talkdesk Manager Permission Set in Salesforce
- Administrators - Maps to Administrator Permission Set in Salesforce
Custom agent roles can be assigned in Talkdesk for Salesforce and are useful for further segmenting large teams. Learn more about creating custom roles.
You can return to this page in Talkdesk Admin at any time to add additional users or change roles for existing users.
TIP #2: Roles in Talkdesk are equivalent to Permission Sets in Salesforce. For this reason, you can override Talkdesk’s default roles without leaving Salesforce by simply modifying Permission Sets. See these instructions for more information.
Step 6: Finish!
Hit “Go To My Talkdesk”  to complete the configuration process, and you’re done! You can visit these pages at any time to change your settings.
Salesforce Lightning Callbar
If you are using Salesforce Lightning you will need to create a new lightning compatible app by going to the 'App Manager', so that the Callbar works:
Eg. you should create a new "Lightning Sales App":
Select the 'Standard Navigation':
And then add the 'Open CTI Softphone':
Add the items you wish to include in the app:
And assign to user profiles:
Save & Finish!
Make sure you turn off extended detection in the Talkdesk extension for click to call by following the instructions here.
Note: In case you have installed our Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package prior to September 2016 and are migrating to Salesforce Lightning, please also follow the instructions here.