Callbar is a new application that allows agents to make and receive calls via Talkdesk from any application they are working in. It works just like the existing Call Bar in the main Talkdesk web application or the CTI Widget, giving your agents the power to communicate with customers in real time.
Note: On April 28, 2017, we will be retiring our CTI Widget for Salesforce, Zendesk and Desk.com. This means that agents using the Classic CTI to handle phone calls will no longer be able to access it past that date. In order to continue using Talkdesk without interruption, agents should start using the Callbar (more information here).
Some benefits of the new Callbar include:
- Lightweight and easy to use. Talkdesk's Callbar can be used by anyone in your organization - no training required.
- Compatible across applications. Talkdesk supports your existing workflow and ensures you always have the context you need when connecting to customers in real-time.
- Always accessible. Make and answer calls from anywhere on your desktop - no more having to comb through open tabs for your softphone.
Adding Salesforce users to the Talkdesk Callbar
In order to add new Salesforce users to the Talkdesk Callbar follow these steps (Note: you must have admin permissions):
- Go to your Talkdesk Admin tab in Salesforce .
- Select 'Users' .
- Tick the boxes next to the users you wish to add to the Talkdesk Callbar .
- Press the 'Add User' button  in case these are new users:
- a new window will pop-up asking you to assign the new agent a role and select a CTI. Select the Callbar CTI and press 'Add User':
- In case these are existing users and you simply wish to assign the Talkdesk Callbar, tick the required active users and press 'Change CTI' . Select the 'Callbar CTI':
That’s it! Agents can now start making and receiving calls using the Callbar, while taking advantage of a 360 degree view of the incoming caller directly in Salesforce, to reduce agent’s time to resolution.
Once installed, while working in Salesforce they can launch the Callbar and initiate a call to one of their contacts who has a phone number associated through a single click on that contact's profile page.