Callbar is an application that allows users to make and receive calls via Talkdesk from any application they are working in. It works just like the existing Call Bar in the main Talkdesk web application, giving your agents the power to communicate with your customers in real time.
Some benefits of the Callbar include:
- Lightweight and easy to use. Talkdesk's Callbar can be used by anyone in your organization.
- Compatible across applications. Talkdesk supports your existing workflow and ensures you always have the context you need when connecting to customers in real-time.
- Always accessible: Click to call from any web application. Make and answer calls from anywhere on your desktop - no more having to comb through open tabs for your softphone.
Installing the Callbar for Desk.com is an optional step that will give you the ability to click on a contact in the Callbar, and automatically open the associated contact in Desk.com.
Installing the Callbar in Desk.com
In order to install and configure Talkdesk’s Callbar and integrate it with your Desk account follow these steps (Note: you must have admin permissions and a Desk.com Pro or Business Plus plan account):
3. Follow these steps to install and configure Talkdesk’s Callbar with Desk (Note: you must have admin permissions and a Desk.com Pro or Business Plus plan account):
- Go to Admin  and then click the Settings icon 
- Switch the Phone Integrations button to On 
- Select the "Channels" tab 
- Next to "Phone" , change the "Phone Calls Enabled" option to "On"  and Update your changes.
- Click the Phone 'Integrations' option .
- Delete the Talkdesk CTI Widget integration, if you are moving from an existing integration to Callbar .
- Add a new integration  with the following parameters:
- Name: Talkdesk Callbar
- URL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/td-p-azores-cti/iframe.html?integration=desk
- Height: 1
- Width: 1
- Select the agents that will be using the integration  and press Add Integration.
That’s it! You can now start making and receiving calls using the Callbar, while taking advantage of a 360 degree view of the incoming caller directly in Desk.com, to reduce agent’s time to resolution:
- Now, when a call is accepted in the Callbar, Desk.com can automatically generate a new case where you can start adding your notes:
- Clicking on a contact's integration badge  in the Callbar will automatically open the associated contact in Desk.
- Also, while working in Desk.com you can launch the Callbar and initiate a call to one of your contacts who has a phone number associated, by simply clicking the phone number  on that contact's profile page.