Whether adding powerful new features or enhancing the existing product, at Talkdesk we strive to never stop innovating so we can provide you with the best possible experience.
Talkdesk Callbar is a new application that allows you to make and receive calls via Talkdesk from any application you are working in. It works just like the existing Call Bar in the main Talkdesk web application, giving you the power to communicate with customers in real time.
Some benefits of the Callbar include:
- Always accessible: you can make and receive calls from anywhere on your desktop - no more having to comb through open tabs or leaving the website or application that you are working in for your softphone.
- Talkdesk Callbar ensures you always have the context you need when connecting to customers in real-time. Get a 360 degree view of the incoming caller to reduce time to resolution and tailor customer’s experience.
- Always docked to allow anyone in the organization to receive calls at any time, even when Chrome is closed.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
How to Install
- To install the Talkdesk Callbar application access the Chrome Webstore here:
- If you are a Zendesk user and currently logged in to this application, simply click the Talkdesk logo at the top right corner. This will display a modal with the instructions and steps for installing Talkdesk's Callbar and Click-to-Call extension:
- In case you are a new Talkdesk user, you should have received an invitation from Talkdesk. If you have not done so yet, simply accept the invitation and set your password.
- If you are a Salesforce user, you should not have received the above mentioned invitation. Instead, please go directly to yourcompany.mytalkdesk.com and click the ‘Forgot Password’ link after entering the same e-mail used in Salesforce to gain access to Talkdesk:
- Once inside the Talkdesk main web application, set yourself to widget mode (this is especially important for supervisors who will be conducting reporting/monitoring within Talkdesk Live):
Widget Mode will ensure that calls only get directed through the Callbar and don't ring simultaneously in the Talkdesk main web application.
- Once set to widget mode, launch Talkdesk Callbar.
- Type in your account domain name (yourcompany.mytalkdesk.com) and press 'Next':
- Log into the Callbar using your Talkdesk username (or use your Single Sign-on credentials, in case this option is enabled for your account, by following the instruction here):
- Once you login to the Callbar, you may be prompted to install the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension: please do so! You will then be able to call a contact through a single click (if you do not see this, install it manually by accessing this link).
- If you are a Zendesk user, please also install the Zendesk QuickTab (required if you use multiple Zendesk tabs open at the same time).
That's it! You can now start making and answering calls from anywhere on your desktop - no more having to comb through open tabs for your soft phone!