Managers can listen in while agents take their first calls and barge in when necessary, ensuring that both customers and agents are satisfied with the interaction.
New agents aren’t however, the only team members that require help on the call from time to time. After a new product launch, promotional event or a known issue is discovered, if a caller has a question that the agent isn’t able to answer, managers or supervisors can drop in on the live call to help the agent out. This will ensure that the entire team is communicating a consistent message and that caller’s needs are met.
Call barging can also make VIP customers feel that they are being taken care of by a team, not just a specific agent. Prominent customers may feel that they deserve a higher level of support. With call barging, these customers’ expectations can be met.
You must be in web mode to monitor or barge on a call.
To monitor a call:
- Sign into your account as an administrator or supervisor.
- Access the "Reporting” section on the top menu .
- Select the “Live" tab .
- Click the 'Live Calls' widget  to see a list of all calls currently In Progress or Queued:
- Select the ‘Actions’ button  on an In Progress call to see the list of available actions.
- Select the 'Monitor Call'  option and you will now be monitoring the call. The right-hand side of your screen will show the agent you are monitoring at the top and information on the caller below, along with additional monitoring options:
Barging in on a call:
- To barge in on a call (meaning to start speaking with both the agent and the caller) all you need to do is to click the 'Unmute' button .
- To end a monitoring session, just click the 'Stop Monitoring Call' button .