Availability is very important to us, as our customers depend on it to make and receive calls.
In the unfortunate event that browser calls are being affected due to an issue with our main provider, we've implemented a Browser Communications Backup Plan so you can continue making and receiving calls.
Please follow these instructions in order to enable Talkdesk Widget backup mode:
Open a new browser tab and go to: https://[your-business-name].mytalkdesk.com/ (or reload it if you were already signed in) .
- Sign in using your Talkdesk agent email address and password . (If you don’t remember your password click the “Forgot your password?” link and follow the instructions.)
If you’re prompted about Notifications make sure to click “Allow” .
By doing this you’ll be notified of incoming calls even if your browser is minimized, or you’re in a separate browser tab when a call comes in.
- Next, make sure you are in Web Mode  and not Widget Mode and make sure your status is set to "Available" :
- If this is the first time you’re using the Talkdesk webapp, you’ll also be prompted about mic access: make sure to click "Allow"  (Note: this message will pop-up when you get/make your first call).
Once Talkdesk returns to normal operation mode again
- Change your mode back to "Widget Mode" .
- Close the browser tab where you have Talkdesk opened.
- Go back to the Talkdesk Callbar and login :
- You should now be able to get/make calls from your Talkdesk Callbar again.