Talkdesk's Click-to-Call extension allows you to use our Click to Call functionality and call your customers directly from your favorite Helpdesk, CRM, sales software or website through a simple click on a number.
How to Install:
- Add the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension from Chrome's Web Store here:
- Log into your Talkdesk account.
- Navigate to your favorite Helpdesk / CRM / Sales system and start calling by clicking on the link with the Talkdesk icon, as per below example:
Once installed, the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension intelligently starts scanning your websites and systems, adding a link to each phone number.
Calls are made and received through your browser and none of your information is exchanged with Talkdesk or third-party servers.
Installing this extension is also recommended if you're using Talkdesk's Salesforce Widget.
Helpdesk, CRM, sales applications and websites supported include:
- Help Scout
- Zoho CRM
- Every website that displays phone numbers through a standard URL-scheme (i.e. call to:, tel:, skype:, etc.)
Configuring your Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension settings:
You can configure and change the following options:
- Hide the Talkdesk icon that shows next to phone numbers, when these are highlighted by the Click-to-Call Extension
- Enable an “Extended Detection Mode”. This will force Talkdesk to look for phone numbers in any website even when not following the recommended practices and format.
- You can also configure a list of exceptions. By entering a website in this list it will ignore it when trying to detect phone numbers. This is especially important as this extended detection may slow down the browser.
To change Talkdesk's Click-to-Call default configuration options:
- Click the Chrome menu at the top right
- Under "Settings", click "Extensions"
- Scroll down until you see the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension and then click "Options":
- The following screen will show up allowing you to change your desired settings: