With automated tasks, your agents can stay busy handling calls without having to go back and forth updating two systems with redundant information. You can create the following rules to keep agent busy work to a minimum:
- When a contact is created in Talkdesk, then sync contact in Intercom
- When a contact is updated in Talkdesk, then sync contact in Intercom
- When an inbound call disposition is set in Talkdesk, then log a call in Intercom
- When an outbound call disposition is set in Talkdesk, then log a call in Intercom
These automated tasks will help to streamline customer interactions and enhance the quality of service your team provides to customers.
Note: In order to sync phone numbers from Intercom to Talkdesk, the field that contains those phone numbers must be named phone_number.
To configure an automated task, please follow these steps:
- Login to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the 'Admin' tab .
- Select the 'Integrations' tab  and click the Intercom 'Settings' button.
- Click on 'Add your first automated task for Intercom' . Or, 'Add New Automated Task' if this is not the first automated task.
- Customize the automated task according to your needs.
- Click 'Save'.
Let’s walk through an example of creating the automated task: “When an outbound call disposition is set in Talkdesk, log a call in Intercom” .
Select the event, 'When an outbound call disposition is set' in Talkdesk , then 'log call' in Intercom .
Talkdesk will then automatically log a call in Intercom, each time an outbound call disposition is set in Talkdesk.
You can customize the contact details to be sent to Intercom by dragging the relevant fields into the text boxes, such as:
- Call recording URL:
Drag the 'Recording URL' trigger field 
- Customer phone number:
Drag the 'Caller's number' field trigger field 
Once you complete this configuration, click 'Save'  to activate the automated task.
You can disable and re-enable this trigger at any time by switching the toggle to 'OFF' / 'ON' .