Administrators can define and edit team roles (i.e., agent, support manager, supervisor, administrator, etc.), specify unique Talkdesk settings for each team role and assign agents to specific team roles within Talkdesk.
How to Configure Team Roles
To configure team roles follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Select the "Admin" section at the top of the page .
- Click the "Roles" tab .
By default the following team roles are configured:
- Agent: Will only be able to access the "Agent Dashboard" (i.e., "Call History", "Contacts" and "Voicemail"). They will not be able to edit preferences, configure settings or view advanced reports.
- Administrator: Will be able to access the "Administrator Dashboard" (i.e., "Call History", "Contacts", "Voicemail", "Reporting" and "Admin"), edit preferences and configure settings.
- Supervisor: Will only be able to access the "Supervisor Dashboard" (i.e., "Call History", "Contacts", "Voicemail" and "Reporting"). They will not be able to edit preferences or configure settings.
How to Define New Roles
To define a new role follow these steps:
- Click the "Add New Role" button or click the "Clone Role" link  if you would like to clone a previously defined role.
- Enter the name of the new role in the box and click the "Check" icon .
- Follow the directions below to define the permissions for the role.
How to Define and Edit Permissions for a Role
To define and edit permissions for a role follow these steps:
- Click the "Pencil" icon  in the permissions column next to the role you would like to change.
- A window will popup with options for configuring this team role .
- To configure which Talkdesk tabs are visible to agents in this team role check the box next to the name of the tab .
- To configure which features are available to agents in this team role check the boxes next to the name of the feature .
- To configure the scope of data team members can view in each specific Talkdesk tab, select from the dropdown menu next to "Scope" .
- Click "Save" to apply these settings .
How to Assign a Team Member to a Role
To assign a team member to a role follow these steps:
- Log into Talkdesk as an Administrator.
- Click on the "Admin" tab.
- Click on the "Agents" tab.
- Click on the name of the agent to whom you would like to assign a role.
- Select the desired role in the dropdown menu next to "Profile".
- Click "Save" to apply these settings.