Help Scout integration setup is quick and easy. No programming is required: just enter your Help Scout account information and the integration process is complete.
Follow these steps to activate the integration.
Get Your Help Scout API Key
To start with, you will need an API key from your Help Scout account.
- Log into your Help Scout account.
- Click 'Manage'  on the top bar, then select 'Users' from the dropdown menu and choose the user in question.
- On the left sidebar click on 'API Keys' .
- Click on 'Generate an API Key'  and copy the generated key.
Note: We recommend assigning the label “Talkdesk” so that you don’t forget what that API key is used for.
Activate the Help Scout Integration in Talkdesk
Now that you have an API key from Help Scout, you are ready to set up the integration in Talkdesk.
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Select the 'Admin' tab  at the top of the page.
- Select the 'Integrations'  tab.
- Click on the Help Scout 'Connect'  button.
Fill out the form with your Help Scout credentials.
You will need to enter the 'API key'  and select the appropriate boxes  to synchronize contacts, interactions and conversation history.
Once you have completed these steps, click 'Save'  and that’s it!
The Talkdesk and Help Scout integration is now complete and information will be automatically synchronized between Talkdesk and Help Scout.